July 4th marks a very important anniversary for me. Two full months without a beer. I'm getting very thirsty!
I haven't been able to post much lately because my computer broke last week. Luckily, it was after I'd filed almost everything from this trip. And I kept all my photos on their original memory cards. But it makes uploading more photos and writing essays almost impossible.
I've been trying to leave Iraq for three days now with little luck. The air is full of sandstorms and ground convoys to Baghdad are all but nil for the time being. I'm expecting more luck on Sunday. Today's visibility is about one city block, I'd say. Taji isn't the worst place to be stuck. There's a building full of computers and movies; my room had a double bed; and there was fresh cantaloupe for breakfast. Still, I'm getting tired and feeling like I'm stuck in a Bill Murray movie without a sense of humor.
Happy Fourth to everyone. I'll update more when I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment